While few would argue that wallcoverings are superior to paint in terms of aesthetics, some may be surprised to learn that, over time, vinyl wallcoverings are also a wise economical choice.
Most vinyl wallcoverings can retain their original beauty and performance characteristics for at least 15 years. In contrast, a painted surface requires more frequent cleaning to maintain its appearance and generally needs repainting every three years.
While the initial investment is higher, using vinyl wallcovering instead of paint can result in a 30 percent or greater savings over time.
Modern wallcoverings have an aesthetic appeal that is unrivalled by painted surfaces.
- Flat colour: A single colour in a single room.
- Accent wall: One room, one colour, except for one brightly coloured wall.
- Textured: Paint that has been textured with media.
- Custom: The use of paint to create mural designs.
- Faux finishes: Custom paint designs that add patterns and depth.
- Flat colour: Single colour wallpapers are available, though they are not particularly popular.
- Accent wall: This can be accomplished by using wallpaper on one wall.
- Textured: Textured wallpaper comes in various styles ranging from plain to ornate.
- Custom: Wallpaper manufacturers offer a wide range of mural wallpaper.
- Faux Finishes: Most popular faux finishes have wallpaper
- Historical significance: Consider a Victorian-style home without wallpaper.
- Digital designs: Custom printed wallpaper can be created with computers.
- Photographic: Creating custom wallpaper from family photos.
Consider the use of the specialised wallcoverings:
- Whiteboard wallcovering: This allows for the use of dry erase markers for presentations or notes. Though primarily used in commercial settings, this type of wallcovering would be ideal for a child’s room.
- Magnetic wallcovering: This allows you to use magnetic appliqués for presentations or play.
- Scented wallpaper: Made of fibres that naturally emit a soothing fragrance, such as lavender or jasmine. In addition, deodorising wallpaper impregnated with charcoal particles acts as a natural deodoriser.
Contact Unique Impressions for details
With so many options to choose from, wallpaper is the clear winner when it comes to selecting wallcoverings as unique as you and your home. If you have any questions about a specific design or wallpaper installation from Unique Impressions, be sure to get in touch with a representative today.